Old Tram Mile (OTM) Solo Series: July 2020
After the success of our two OTM Solo Series runs (uphill and downhill) in June we went again in July…with a few tweaks…
- We charged a small fee (£2) to cover our prize costs,
- Gave folk the option to run a course closer to them over the same distance (virtual) OR run the actual course alone (solo)
- Over a two week period (13th to 26th July) entrants could run the downhill leg, uphill leg or both
- We selected Derian House as our nominated local charity for any kind donations
- Created a new finishers medal from the one we used in the June series
With regards to the finishers medals, got to give a big thanks to our suppliers FrontRunner (Neil and his team are working tirelessly in these difficult times for SME businesses). Received my July medal today (the gold square one) thanks!
We’d put a wee fence post in to mark one end of the course, which someone took a real liking to! They moved it, stole it, then snapped it (after we ready-mixed it in)! Our fab friends at Lancs County Council have agreed to install a more permanent fixture which we’ll be installing soon (a bollard with a small OTM disc as a waymarker).
Whilst the July Series saw less entrants they were just as enthuisiastic. The overall winner (Blackburn RRs David Birtwistle) ran 9 miles to Preston, smashed out a rapid 5 minute mile, then ran back! As he put it ‘The 9 miles running back home was challenging...’. Results are below, some are marked ‘TBC’ where we’ve yet to receive their times (due to Garmin issues…). Congratulations to David (1st male), Melissa (1st female) & Stewart (spot prize winner) – We’ll be in touch about your prizes!
- 1st Male: David Birtwistle (Downhill = 5.00, Uphill = 5.19) – Blackburn Road Runners,
- 1st Female: Melissa Houghton (Downhill = 6.48, Uphill = 7.31) – Red Rose Runners,
- Spot Prize: Stewart Simpson – Lonely Goat RC
- Donations raised for Derian House Children’s Hospice: £61