Welcome to the Old Tram Mile Series 2020!
TheRunBible (TRB) are delighted to announce the Old Tram Mile Series 2020 in association with Preston’s only running specialist store – RunPreston.
Important Announcement: You’ll notice that this page has details on both the actual race (postponed until further notice, hopefully later in 2020 once the pandemic-related restrictions are eased) and the virtual solo race series (in June and July).
What is it?
- A Three-Part Series along the Old Tram Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 9TY
- Folks have a choice to run the Downhill Mile, Uphill Mile or both on the day (or over a two-week period for the ‘solo series’)
- Accurately timed and UKA measured mile-long course.
- For more on the TheRunBible (TRB) and RunPreston, check out their websites and Facebook pages.
Where is it?
Old Tram Road, Preston, PR1 9TY. Pictures of the Start and Finish Lines are below (when running in the ‘uphill’ direction, Start/Finish being in reverse for the downhill route..). NOTE: The Temporary Spray Paint has since been removed sorry…
START LINE: Is the tree behind the cycle path sign, the one with the black/yellow arrow sign pinned to it.
FINISH LINE: Is about 100 metres passed the new bridge (linking The Cawsey to Carrwood Road). Marked by a small wooden stake with a white top and yellow/black plastic tape tied round it (see pic’s below).
When is it?:
Actual Event Series: Dependent on restrictions in place from the Government and England Athletics (relating to the Covid-19 pandemic) being eased, to allow our events to be viable and go ahead. We hope hold the actual OTM series once per month later in 2020 (exact dates TBC). In the meantime, we hope you’ll partake in an enjoy our virtual Solo events…
Virtual Event Series: In June and July we held ‘Old Tram Mile – Solo Series’ events. These (a) respected the pandemic-related social distancing restrictions and (b) allowed participants to run the actual course (or a virtual course closer to them if they don’t leave nearby)! Results from the June and July events are below (those in yellow are the male and female winners).
- Virtual Solo Series: Any time (and as many times) you like between the dates specified.
- Actual series (currently postponed):
- Race Registration is at 9.45am (next to the (now closed) Old Tram Bridge).
- Race Briefing is at 10am (same place as registration).
- First race starts is at 10.15am (Up the Old Tram Road).
- Second race starts at 10.30am (Down the Old Tram Road).
How Much does it cost?
Virtual Solo event series (July): £2. Actual event series (currently postponed): See table below.
|Old Tram Mile Series 2020 – Price Guide|
|Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||In Advance||£3||£5|
|Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||On The Day||£4||£6|
|The Doubler (Both Up & Down mile courses)||In Advance||£5||£9|
|The Doubler (Both Up & Down mile courses)||On The Day||£6||£10|
|Series – Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||In Advance||£8||£14|
|Series – Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||On The Day||£11||£17|
|Series – Doubler (Up & Down mile courses)||In Advance||£13||£25|
|Series – Doubler (Up & Down mile courses)||On The Day||£16||£28|
How to Enter?
Virtual solo series: See here. Actual series: Watch out for further updates, post lockdown restrictions being lifted!
Any prizes or mementos?
- Virtual solo series: Please see entry site for full details here
- Actual series (currently postponed):
- Each finisher will receive an Old Tram Mile medal (a picture of which is below)
- We’ll have bottles of water, a banana and (if Mrs P agrees…) a slice of Oreo Brownie for each finisher
- If you’d like to purchase an ‘Old Tram Mile Series’ t-shirt or hoody please go to our shop page here
- In line with our ‘Tee or Tree’ campaign (more details on this here), if instead of buying an event t-shirt you’d like to plant a tree in our TRB grove in Scotland that’d be awesome
- There will also be prizes for first male, first female and for a random spot prize winner
Post Race Results
For both the virtual solo series and actual event: Results will be posted on (a) the TRB Facebook page & this site and (b) the Power of 10 & RunBritain websites (as official UKA licensed events). See above for OTM Solo Series for June & July results.
Local Facilities, Parking, Race Rules and Anything Else?
Please read the more detailed race descriptions (via the entry links provided earlier – see above ‘How To Enter? section…). NOTE: We’ll be hiring Vernon Carus Sports Club for parking, changing, toilets and pre/post race refreshments
We really hope to see you at the Old Tram Mile (OTM) Series, we’ll leave you with a picture of the race numbers, we think they’re rather awesome….
Featured Old Tram Road image from Preston Digital Archive