Welcome to the Old Tram Mile Series 2020!
TheRunBible (TRB) are delighted to announce the Old Tram Mile Series 2020 in association with Preston’s only running specialist store – RunPreston.
Important Announcement: You’ll notice that this page has details on both the actual race series (which has been postponed until further notice, hopefully later in 2020 once the pandemic-related restrictions are eased) and the virtual solo race series (starting in June). To skip straight to the latest virtual solo series entries page please click here.
What is it?
- A Three-Part Series along the Old Tram Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 9TY
- Folks have a choice to run the Downhill Mile, Uphill Mile or both on the day (or over a two-week period for the virtual ‘solos series’ events)
- Accurately timed and UKA measured mile-long course.
- For more on the TheRunBible (TRB) and RunPreston, check out their websites and Facebook pages.
Where is it?
Old Tram Road, Preston, PR1 9TY. Pictures of the Start and Finish Lines are below (when running in the ‘uphill’ direction, Start/Finish being in reverse for the downhill route..). NOTE: The Temporary Spray Paint has since been removed sorry…
START LINE: Is the tree behind the cycle path sign, the one with the black/yellow arrow sign pinned to it.
FINISH LINE: Is about 100 metres passed the new bridge (linking The Cawsey to Carrwood Road). Marked by a small wooden stake with a white top and yellow/black plastic tape tied round it (see pic’s below).
When is it?:
Actual Event Series: Dependent on updates from the government and England Athletics on social restrictions relating to the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope hold the actual OTM series once per month from August (exact dates TBC). In the meantime, we hope you’ll partake in an enjoy our virtual Solo events…
Virtual Event Series: In June, we had two free ‘Old Tram Mile – Solo Series’ events. A virtual event series that both (a) respected the pandemic-related social distancing restrictions and (b) allowed participants to run the actual course! We held the uphill mile over the first two weeks in June and the downhill mile of the last two weeks – results are below and we received great feedback. So much so we decided to go again in July – Please visit the EntryCentral site for details and how to enter – click here.
- Virtual Solo Series: Any time (and as many times) you like between the dates in June specified (see entry page here).
- Actual series (currently postponed):
- Race Registration is at 9.45am (next to the (now closed) Old Tram Bridge).
- Race Briefing is at 10am (same place as registration).
- First race starts is at 10.15am (Up the Old Tram Road).
- Second race starts at 10.30am (Down the Old Tram Road).
How Much does it cost?
Virtual Solo event series (July): £2. Actual event series (currently postponed): See table below.
|Old Tram Mile Series 2020 – Price Guide|
|Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||In Advance||£3||£5|
|Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||On The Day||£4||£6|
|The Doubler (Both Up & Down mile courses)||In Advance||£5||£9|
|The Doubler (Both Up & Down mile courses)||On The Day||£6||£10|
|Series – Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||In Advance||£8||£14|
|Series – Single Mile (Up or Down Course)||On The Day||£11||£17|
|Series – Doubler (Up & Down mile courses)||In Advance||£13||£25|
|Series – Doubler (Up & Down mile courses)||On The Day||£16||£28|
How to Enter?
Virtual solo series: See here. Actual series: Watch out for further updates, post lockdown restrictions being lifted!
Any prizes or mementos?
- Virtual solo series: Please see entry site for full details here
- Actual series (currently postponed):
- We’ve kept our entry prices right down and we’re sure you’ll agree that for a chip-timed, UKA measured course our prices are very reasonable. Individual race finishers won’t receive a goody bag, medal, buff or t-shirt sorry…
- That said, we’ll have bottles of water, a banana and (if Mrs P agrees..) a slice of Oreo Brownie for each finisher
- If you’d like to purchase a custom ‘Old Tram Mile Series’ t-shirt or hoody please go to our shop page here
- There are no winners prizes (for open age or age categories) for any of the races sorry
- HOWEVER, any race series finishers (for either the single-mile or doubler series) WILL receive a special medal 🙂
Post Race Results
For both the virtual solo series and the actual event series: Results will be posted on (a) the TRB Facebook page & this site and (b) the Power of 10 & RunBritain websites (as official UKA licensed events). See above for OTM Solo Series for June results.
Local Facilities, Parking, Race Rules and Anything Else?
Please read the more detailed race descriptions (via the entry links provided earlier – see above ‘How To Enter? section…). NOTE: It’s highly likely we’ll use Vernom Carus Sports Club for parking, changing, toilets and pre/post race refreshments
We really hope to see you at the Old Tram Mile (OTM) Series, we’ll leave you with a picture of the race numbers, we think they’re rather awesome….
Featured Old Tram Road image from Preston Digital Archive