Active Edge – Pomegranate Active 473ml
The pomegranate is an exotic fruit that has been mentioned in literature as old as the Bible, but the juice of the pomegranate is more widely consumed than the fruit itself.
Pomegranate juice contains high levels of antioxidants. These antioxidants include phytonutrients such as polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins. Daily consumption of pomegranate juice is an effective way to improve antioxidant function. It contains other vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to overall health.
Along with vitamin E, pomegranate juice contains other antioxidant compounds, such as tannins, that have a positive impact upon your overall health. Two compounds in pomegranates -?punicalagins and punicic acid – are responsible for most of the health benefits of pomegranate. Pomegranates?also have?antioxidant activity three times higher?than that of red wine and green tea.
- Cardiovascular Protection?? Pomegranates are a source of potent antioxidant polyphenols that may help protect the cardiovascular system by reducing inflammation, relaxing blood vessels and maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
- Gut health?? Studies have shown pomegranates have an anti-inflammatory effect at the gastric level. This could be useful for people with inflammatory gut conditions like IBS.
- Obesity?? Pomegranate consumption, through various mechanisms, has been found to promote fat reduction and help prevent insulin resistance, thereby averting the risk of obesity.
- Diabetes?? Punicic acid in pomegranates have been shown to lower blood glucose levels and oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation are lowered by pomegranate?s antioxidant and anthocyanin content.
Have you tried our new PomegranateActive concentrate yet? If not here’s the facts of the new addition to the Active Edge line up!
- PomegranateActive is made with 100% pure, premium quality pomegranates.
- A 473ml bottle contains the concentrated juice from approx 27 pomegranates.
- Pomegranate Active contains no added preservatives or other additives.
- 35ml equals one of your Five-a-Day fruit and veg portions.
- Add to water, smoothies or natural yogurt.