Linking Leyland 10km Fun Run & Walk 2022
ONLINE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED!
Fear not – On-the-day cash only entries are available.
Registration point is the single storey building to the right of the main gates at Leyland Trucks). Registration will be open between 9.15am-10.15am prior to starting the fun run at 10.30am (on Sun 28th Aug 2022).
Linking Leyland Event Details
Linking Leyland is a 2022 initiative organised by Leyland Trucks’ Helping Hand charity, it has brought together numerous businesses and community groups from across Leyland and Lancashire to turn miles into money and generate vital funds for St Catherine’s Hospice, Rosemere Cancer Foundation, The Natalie Kate Moss Trust and Macmillan.
The headline sponsor is the Rotary Club of Leyland, with other sponsors including Lancashire DAF, Schneider Electric, Made Profiles, Actinium, Heskin Fabrications, Carney, Thrive, Preston College and ABC Ltd.
This page is all about the 10k fun run and walk, organised by TheRunBible, with all proceeds going to the beneficiaries mentioned above. Fancy taking on the challenge of completing 10km to help raise funds for some amazing causes? If so, we’d love you to join us! Enter quickly – there are 150 places available on a first come first served basis.
Did you know that the Helping Hand charity has already raised more than £1m to-date for local charities? This years fundraising activities include:
- This 10k fun run & walk
- 25-mile Guild Wheel cycle challenge
- DAF 8-tonne truck pull
10k Fun Run and Walk Details
- Distance: 10km out & back route. Is not officially measured and will not be timed. Will be UKA licensed to ensure insurance coverage.
- Date: Sunday 28th August 2022.
- Start Time: 10.30am.
- Cost: £16 for all entrants (medal, entry to fun day and food & drink included). NOTE: Places to the 10k fun run & walk are limited to 150.
- Registration Hub, Course & Start/Finish Location: Registration is at the single storey building immediately right of the main gates at Leyland Trucks. The route is from/to the Leyland Trucks HQ, Croston Road, PR26 6LZ. Strava route is here. Further details on the course are below.
- Goody Bags: Every runner receives a medal and a bottle of water upon finishing, plus tickets to the fun day (with free food & drink).
- Prizes: None – Please remember this is not a race, but a charity fun run and walk. There will be no timing or race numbers required on the day.
- Cancellations & Refunds: None – all entry proceeds will be distributed to the Helping Hand nominated charities.
- First Aid: There will be a qualified first aider at the start/finish area.
- Linking Leyland JustGiving page: If you don’t want to take part in the 10k, but want to sponsor someone who is – the JustGiving page is here
The course starts and finishes at Leyland Trucks, next to the main gates. After a short loop of the main car park, runners head toward and on to Centurion Way via Enterprise Drive. Turning right on to Wheelton Lane and crossing on to Carr Lane, then onward to Farington Park via Carr & Mill Lanes.
Once out of Farington Park it’s on to Stanifield Lane, with a short loop at the top end of Centurion Lane (crossing a traffic island), before turning left on to Fowler Lane.
Runners head along Fowler Lane until just before the cross-roads with Croston Road, when they will loop back toward and on to Stanifield Lane, turning right when reaching Centurion Way. Down Centurion Way to Enterprise Drive and back to Leyland Trucks via the same car park loop as on the way out. FINISH!
- Q: Are there on the day entries? Yes, but only if we don’t sell out of the 150 places online in advance.
- Q: Are kids allowed? A: Yes, however please ensure they are accompanied by an adult on the course at all times. Please make sure when entering the child to provide their parent/guardian name & contact details.
- Q: Are the entry fees for adult & child runners the same? Yes, we’ve kept the entry fee as low as possible whilst ensuring we cover costs.
- Q: Can I take part with a running buggy? A: Yes. However, running with a buggy is entirely at the entrants own risk.
- Q: Can I run with a dog? A: No sorry (unless a medical assistance dog), several parts of the course are on open roads or quite narrow paths
- Q: Can I run with headphones? A: We’d prefer you didn’t, to ensure you can hear marshals and members of the public who may be passing
- Q: Do I have to run or can I walk it? You can complete the fun run & walk at whatever pace you like! Our tail-walker will appreciate not having to tail-run…
- Q: Will I receive a medal? Yes, all participants will receive a medal upon finishing the fun run / walk.
- Q: Are there refreshments? You will receive a bottle of water at Race HQ upon finishing. There is also plenty of food & drink available that is included in the fun day (which all fun run/walk entrants receive access to)
- Q: Is there parking available? Yes, free limited parking is available – at the main Leyland Trucks car park. Please car-share where possible.
- Q: Will there be road closures on the route? No, roads and paths will be open and shared as usual. Please bear in mind this is a charity fun run & walk and not a timed race (where you would perhaps expect road closures, chip or gun timing, prizes etc.)
- Q: Are there toilets and changing rooms? Yes and No. Toilets will be open at registration, no separate changing rooms are available sorry.
- Q: Is there a bag drop? You can leave a bag at registration if you like, entirely at the entrants own risk.
If you’ve any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask away on our Facebook event page here. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org