Old Tram Mile 2023 Series
- Event summary (next section, see below)
- Route maps & Strava segments
- Optional Extra’s available
- Booking Site
- Distances: You can choose to run the downhill mile (53ft negative elevation), the uphill mile (50ft elevation gain) or both! Both are 1-mile officially measured routes (on tarmac) & are UKA licensed series events. UKA License No. 2023-44877.
- Race Routes & Registration Location: Routes are on the Old Tram Road, PR1 9TY. See ‘Route Maps’ section below for more details. Race HQ is The Hunters Pub & Dining, Hennel Lane, Lostock Hall, Preston PR5 5UL – this is where you collect your bib numbers from.
- Results: Will be posted here on our website and on our social media pages later the same day. As the OTM Series are UKA licensed events your mile time/s will go on Power of 10 & RunBritain. Gun timing will be used.
- Series Dates: We have six race dates – taking place on the first Saturday of the month between April and September (exception being May, on 2nd Sat that month). That’s 01/04/23, 13/05/23 (to avoid the kings coronation on 06/05/23), 03/06/23, 01/07/23, 05/08/23 and 02/09/23.
- Start Time: Downhill Mile starts at 11am, Uphill Mile starts at 11.30am. Number pick up (& on the day entries) from Race HQ from 9.45am to 10.45am (0.5 mile from downhill mile start). Uphill mile start line is 400m from the downhill mile finish line.
- Cost: £3 for affiliated (club) runners & £5 for unaffiliated (non club) runners per mile race, or just £1 extra to do both miles per event date! With even further discounts if you choose to enter the full series.
- Goody Bags:
- 500ml bottle of still water
- Small bag of Haribo Starmix
- Bag of ready salted crisps
- Kendal Mint Co (KMC) product (either an energy gel, energy bar or superfood flapjack)
- Individuals: For fastest male, fastest female & a spot prize winner
- Teams: Male & Female team prizes (3+ runners from same club or group) at each event
- Series: Individual, team and spot prize winners. NOTE: To qualify for series prizes, attendance is required at least 4 of the 6 event dates.
- Cancellations & Refunds: We’re happy to offer full refunds if we’re notified of cancellation at least two days prior to an event (by Thu for a Sat event). If within two days, no refunds will be provided due to lack of reasonable notice.
- Optional extras: When completing your entry form you can add optional extras, checkout and pay. Further details on optional extras are provided below.
Don’t be put off by the name of the ‘uphill’ route – you’re not just running back up the ‘downhill’ route – we wouldn’t be that evil…
The ‘uphill’ route is flat for the first 0.7m and uphill the last 0.3m for an overall elevation gain of just 50-feet – you’ll still achieve fast times! It’ll cost you just £1 extra to do both the downhill and uphill races, plus you have the benefit of the ‘uphill’ race finishing closer to Race HQ for your goody bags!
Downhill & Uphill route maps (click to open Strava segments):
Optional Extras Available
|Item Description||Item Price||Item Picture (Click to expand)|
|Zero Waste Wooden Engraved Medal (incl P&P) – Event dates and times on the reverse||£5|
(Adults / Kids Sizes)
(Adults / Kids Sizes)
|Nominated Charity Donation/s||From £1|
What are ‘notches’? Found out more here
|Tee or Tree – Plant a Tree in the TRB Grove||£7||Click Here for further details on our Tee or Tree initiative|
- Q: Are there on the day entries? Yes, cash and card payments are taken on the day from 9.45am – 10.45am at Race HQ.
- Q: Are kids allowed? A: Yes, as per UKA guidelines – if under 18 years of age (16 in Wales & Scotland) please indicate a parent or guardian who has given permission for the junior to participate on their entry form. If under 9, please ensure they are accompanied by an adult on the course at all times. Please make sure when entering the child to provide their parent/guardian name & contact details.
- Q: Are the entry fees for adult & child runners the same? Yes, we’ve kept the entry fees as low as possible whilst ensuring we cover costs.
- Q: Can I take part with a running buggy? A: Yes. However, we will be allowing running buggies at the entrants own risk. It would be appreciated if these entrants started toward the back. Note: The first third of the downhill course can be quite narrow when considering other runners, pedestrians & cyclists – please take extra care.
- Q: Can I run with a dog? A: No sorry (unless a medical assistance dog) – UKA guidelines state ‘Dogs are not allowed in any licensed competition unless a special exemption has been granted to a runner accompanied by a medical assistance dog‘.
- Q: Can I run with headphones? A: We’d prefer you didn’t, to ensure you can hear marshals and members of the public who may be passing by (cyclists). However, as per UKA guidelines ‘Headphones that work by conducting sound through bones and do not sit in the ears are acceptable‘.
- Q: Do I have to take part in all of the six-part series? Not at all. Whilst it’s a six-part series, you can take part in as many races as you like. These options are available on the entry form. Remember to qualify for series prizes you must take part in 4 out of the 6 event dates.
- Q: Do I have to run or can I walk it? You can complete the event/s at whatever pace you like! I’m sure our tail-walker will appreciate not having to tail-run…
- Q: Will I receive a medal or t-shirt? Only if you selected it as part of your ‘optional extras’. Our events will always start as entry-only, with extra’s if you select them (rather than forcing people to take extras at more cost).
- Q: Are there refreshments? You will receive a 500ml bottle of still spring water after you finish and a goody bag at Race HQ. NOTE: The Hunters pub (Race HQ) bar opens from midday (& not before) for drinks & food.
- Q: Is there parking available? Yes, free parking is available at Race HQ (approx 60 spaces + on street parking). Please car-share where possible.
- Q: Are there toilets and changing rooms? Yes and No. Toilets will be open at Race HQ, no separate changing rooms are available sorry.
- Q: Is there a bag drop? You can leave a bag at Race HQ if you like, entirely at the entrants own risk.
If you’ve any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask via our Facebook page here or by email to email@example.com.