- Soil Association Organic Certification? Moist and chewy
- High in complex carbohydrate
- Very low in fat
- Flavoured with fairly-traded mango
- No colours, artificial flavours or preservatives
TORQ bar has been painstakingly formulated to produce a food that is ultra high in carbohydrate, very low in fat and with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained glucose release. Just as important, this bar has been designed to taste great with a cup of tea too! All too often energy bars are dry and difficult to eat – and those that aren’t contain far too much fat. TORQ bars are delicious, moist and chewy, containing just over 2grams of fat per 100 (a little over a gram per bar) and packed with usable carbohydrate. This makes it the perfect food and fuel choice before, during and after exercise.
TORQ bar was developed to satisfy the needs of athletes and physically active people. Many energy bars on the market cater for some of these needs, but we don’t believe they have addressed them all. Here is what athletes and physically active people need:
- Carbohydrate: They ‘need’ carbohydrate full stop. They ‘need’ it whilst they exercise to spare their limited glycogen reserves and at rest to top their valuable stores back up again. TORQ bar contains over 70 grams of carbohydrate per 100g (in excess of 45 grams per bar) and TORQ bar’s unique blend of Maltodextrin and Fructose Syrup maximises ‘available’ carbohydrate**.
- Glycaemic Index: They ‘need’ a food with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained release of glucose into the bloodstream. TORQ bar has been carefully formulated to include ingredients with low, moderate and high glycaemic indices for this purpose.
- Ultra low fat: They ‘need’ a food that is ultra low in fat to guarantee rapid digestion and minimize the intake of ineffective calories. TORQ bar contains only 2 grams of fat per 100g (just over a gram per bar).
- Easy to eat: They ‘need’ a food that is easy to eat, or they won’t eat enough of it to derive the benefits. There are too many dry energy bars out there, making it difficult to supply sufficient carbohydrate calories – the ones that aren’t dry tend to contain too much fat. TORQ bar is delightfully moist and chewy, yet it remains ultra low in fat and high in carbohydrate.
- Tasty: They also ‘need’ a food that tastes so good that they choose to snack on it in preference to high fat, less effective alternatives. Some energy bars are encapsulated with chocolate to entice the customer into buying. Many of these bars taste great, but you can’t coat a bar with chocolate and keep it low in fat. Therefore the product becomes compromised and less effective in supplying useful energy. The careful formulation and preparation of TORQ bar has ensured a delicious deep flavour, with a mouth-feel more commonly associated with a higher fat food.
TORQ bars are made with fairly traded fruit and our ingredient listings are simple and NATURAL. TORQ Bars weigh 45g, are sold in packs of 15.
Organic Oats, Organic Raisins (Organic Raisins, Organic Palm Oil), Organic Maltodextrin, Organic Fructose Syrup, Organic Mango (12%), Organic Rice Crisp (Organic Rice Four, Organic Sugar, Organic Malt Extract, Organic Sunflower Oil, Sunflower Lecithin).
Nutritional Information (per 100g):
Energy 1279KJ / 306KCal
(of which sugars) 30.3g
(of which saturates) 0.4g
Unlike TORQ bars 1 to 4, this organic product is not fortified with vitamins and minerals and does not contain Ribose.