Very tall bloke
Very tall bloke, originally from Helensburgh, with ties to the North East and the North West of England (currently lives in Bamber Bridge (near Preston)). A long suffering Newcastle United (football), Rugby Union (Scotland) and Boxing fan – who started running races around 2012 to escape his regular sporting-related disappointments.
- Favourite distance: Marathon.
- Favourite Race (so far): Boston (USA) marathon.
- Brand of Trainer: Saucony (for road and trails).
- Worse experience in a run: Skitters before the Great North 10k and having to quickly wet wipe inside of shorts before start.
- Post-race I always…: Drink Brewdog and scotch whisky.
- Running hero: Zola Budd
Mrs P & Team
Ace support crew
Mrs P (Michelle) is thankfully quite chilled (needs to be…) and loves the adventures that running takes us on as a family. Reuben is already a keen runner, albeit mostly in circles (at 2.5 years of age, July 2022). Doggie (Black Betty) has seen better days – lucky if we get a 1km run out of her, still epic at ball sprints though (for a 12-year old).
- Favourite distance: Not very far (end of street).
- Favourite Race (so far): Running after Reuben & Great North Run.
- Brand of Trainer: Saucony or Skechers.
- Worse experience in a run: wetting myself running, shortly after giving birth to Reuby.
- Post-race I always…: Collapse.
- Running hero: Callum Hawkins